Home

Saturday, December 30, 2023

My Plan for this Blog/Welcome

Hello dear readers! Welcome to the inaugural post of my new blog, One Bookworm's Life. As you can tell by the title, I love to read. Reading has been one of my favorite activities since I first learned how to do it when I was around five. Even before I learned how to read, I loved stories and I still do. As C.S. Lewis said, "We read to know we are not alone." I think that's why I love stories so much, because good stories resonate with so many people across time and generations and cultures and languages. They offer a glimpse into humanity and how there's really nothing new under the sun.

However as much as I enjoy reading, I'm not the biggest fan of writing. But I would love to improve in that craft. So I decided to combine one of my favorite activities with something I'm not particularly fond of. I made myself a book list to read in 2024 and I'm going to write and post reviews about them. (I'll share what books I'm going to read in another post.) And maybe post some other literary thoughts as well. 

Another goal I hope to achieve with this blog is to connect with others who also enjoy reading. It's always lovely to chat about books with someone and I wish I had more people in my life who like to read. 

So, to summarize, I've got my TBR list ready and I'm excited to not only read but also write about something I greatly enjoy and hopefully make some friends along the way.

Warmly, 

Hildeburh 

No comments:

Post a Comment